Below are just a sampling of events that Peoples Exchange Bank employees participate in each year in Belleville, Clyde, Concordia, and Manhattan, Kansas areas:
Halloween Decorating 2015
For Halloween 2015, each Peoples Exchange Bank branch decorated pumpkins for our customers to vote on. The contest was between the employees for the best decorated pumpkin. Take a look at the pumpkins below:
CASA Dodgebal Tournament- This tournament supports the CASA program in North Central Kansas. The CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) concept is based on the belief that every child has the right to a safe, permanent home. Unlike attorneys and social workers, the CASA volunteer speaks exclusively for the child’s best interests.
- Bowl for Kids Sake - Start Something today! Partnering with Big Brothers Big Sisters through Bowl for Kids' Sake makes a positive, long-lasting impact on children in your community. Whether you start a team, become a corporate sponsor, or make a donation, your efforts ensure that more Bigs and Littles can be paired up, more friendships can begin and improved outlooks on life can be started.
- Tailgating - Peoples Exchange Bank realizes that our youth are the key to our future and that support of our area schools is very important. This includes support of our athletes through our annual tailgating activities.
- Cuba Rock-A-Thon - Peoples Exchange support Ag Day every year at the Cuba Rock-A-Thon, a week long celebration of Cuba, KS while supporters continuously rock in rocking chairs. It's a rocking good time!
- Clyde Watermelon Festival- The Clyde Watermelon Festival, an annual event for over 110 years, began when watermelons were a choice crop on sandy, river bottom land and could be easily shipped out by rail. Hundreds of people gather every Labor Day weekend for the festival parade, BBQs, demolition derby, dances, contests, games, and socializing. Peoples Exchange Bank is a proud supporter.
- 2012 Big Brothers Big Sisters Color Run - Concordia Kansas - For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation’s largest donor and volunteer supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 6 through 18, in communities across the country. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people. Peoples Exchange Bank is proud to support this organization.
- Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Fundraiser- In 2012, Peoples Exchange Bank and our employees raised over $1,000 for breast cancer research through a special "pay to wear jeans" promotion.